Friday, May 30, 2008

Building Update

Hey Element Church! Well, to say I am frustrated would be the understatement of the year. To say I've been worried about the progress of the building would be just short of where my frustration is at. We signed the lease on May 1st and were given two months of free use to begin the remodel of the space. As of today, we still have no permit to demo or build. Things were going SO smooth and God was opening EVERY door and then BAM...we hit a snag. I've had some heart to hearts with God about this in my prayer life recently and then He did what He should have done and SLAPPED me upside the head with a reminder. I need to beware what I preach on cause then I'm held accountable to it. lol

Philippians 4:6 says "Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and THANK HIM for everything He has done." Don't we typically forget the thanking part? I know I do sometimes. The reason we worry is that we DON'T remember OR thank God like we should. When we thank Him we are forced to remember all the things He has done. Yesterday I was REALLY challenged with this. Here is what I wrote in my journal.

"Lord, I don't know what's going on with the building but I trust You. If this is Your timing, we will wait patiently. If this is a hindrance, Lord I ask that you move it on our behalf. Your will be done. I'm frustrated but I don't want to worry. I need to follow Philippians 4:6."

So I did. I followed Philippians 4:6. Here is what I realized. At this point, I'm worrying and frustrated over ONE need. "Get the permit and start working on the building" So I wrote that need down: "Get in the building" Then I wrote down all the things God has done JUST with this building. 1. A GREAT Christian realtor who helped us through the process. 2. Our GREAT Christian contractor donating his time and doing ALL he can to get us in. 3. The book that God put on my desk that helped prepare me for the decisions that would have to be made concerning the building. 4. The support of the people of Element Church. AMAZING! 5. ONE CHECK for $20,000 6. Two free months of use. (They could have gave us NONE...HELLO!) 7. 450 people coming to church so we NEED a new facility. 8. Consistent giving that enables us to GET a building. 9. The timing of the owners calling me and OFFERING us the building. 10. A staff that didn't waiver to follow me in this decision. I stopped there but there is more. I realized, that God has ALREADY done so much WHY SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT ONE MORE THING? Anyway, God's been teaching me through this.

Element Church...the timing of things with this facility may not be ours, BUT I will trust God that it's His. He is not caught off guard. He is not waiting by the phone hoping the city calls. He is not wondering what will happen. HE KNOWS...HE CARES...and HE WILL GET US IN! Amen?

Learning,

Jeff

No comments: