Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Night Reflection (God is up to something)

What is happening at Element is such a God thing. I almost feel embarrassed that I'm a part of it. All I can think of is Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" I am seriously BLOWN AWAY that I am somehow a part of this. That God would use me with this incredible team of people to connect people with the Life in Christ. If someone would ask me what we did to start out so well, you know what I'd say? "We listened to God." I don't know what we've done. God has just started bringing people to us who are hungry. I hope everyone who read this knows that I (we) truly want God to receive ALL the glory! Only God can make happen what's happened. I heard Perry Noble say at a leadership conference that "Good leadership is simply listening to God and doing what he says." I agree.

Today we had 167 people in church. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Our third week meeting and 167 people came out. Had many more respond today to need to have God change something in their life. I preached on our Core Value of Change today. That every human being longs to be better than what they are.

The worship band was off the charts today. Even with a few adjustments through the service that no one picked up on it was awesome! I'm so wired every Sunday now that I can't even lay down for a nap. I can't wait to see how God continues to bring people to us who need Life.

Following Christ,

Jeff

No comments: