Monday, October 29, 2007

Sunday Night Rumination (on Monday morning)

ruminate |ˈroōməˌnāt| verb [ intrans. ] 1 think deeply about something : we sat ruminating on the nature of existence. 2 (of a ruminant) chew the cud.

Grant and Adam that phrase is now copyrighted "2007 Jeff Maness"

What a day. I forgot to blog last night so I'm doing this Monday morning right before staff meeting. Again, I am humbled and blown away to be a part of what God is doing. I still have so much to learn as a lead pastor and so much more room to grow. I feel like at any moment I could mess this whole thing up somehow. Several weeks ago in my devotions I read of Solomon when he asked God for wisdom. A phrase he used made me feel a lot like him in that moment. In 1 Kings 3:7 "Now, O Lord my God, you have made me king instead of my father, David, but I am like a little child who doesn't know his way around." That's how I feel a lot of the time. God is running and I'm chasing after him like a little kid. I just want to make sure that God is the one running ahead and I'm following. That is the key.

--- 206 in church yesterday. Amazes me! 5 decisions for Christ. As of today 15 people have indicated that they have made first time decisions to follow the Lord.

--- $2144.30 in the offering. God continues to have his people give.

--- Yesterday we talked about our core value of worship. How worship is so much more than singing. Worship is ALL LIFE. Romans 12 "Offer your bodies as living sacrifices...this is your spiritual act of worship".

--- Adam and I tag teamed a message. It was hard, yet good to do. Since we were talking about worship I wanted the people to hear from Adam's heart about worship. Neither Adam or I "felt" good during the whole service. I think God was making us learn from our message cause we talked the whole time about how we cannot base whether worship was good by a feeling. HA, nothing like God preaching at the preachers.

--- We have received several comments on the service and message yesterday. Worship is hard to preach on because everyone has their own opinion on it. All in all it was a great day. People got saved and that's what it is all about.

--- Our volunteers are out of this world. They have been SO HUGE for us. I wish I could say it differently to them but all I can say from the bottom of my soul is "THANK YOU!" I've had at least 2 comments since Sunday on how great our greeters are.

--- Staff meeting needs to start. I love our God, our church and our team. PEACE

Following Christ,

Jeff

1 comment:

Strong Tower said...

Your statement of faith says:
"that man was created by and made for God; that through Adams initial disobedience man has inherited a sinful nature that leads to acts of disobedience. These acts result in spiritual death, which is separation from God and physical death as a consequence; and that, because of this separation, man is in need of divine intervention and salvation."

If God cannot tolerate sin in his presence, how is it that a person can have a sin nature and not be separated from God at conception? If it is acts of disobedience that separates from God, what need is there to curse man with a sin nature? If man is not condemned at conception by the act of possessing a sin nature, wouldn't it be best to never let them be born so that there is no action that might separate them from God? Wouldn't you then consider abortion an act of mercy?