Monday, October 1, 2007

Weekend Wrapup

I've already shared some of this on the Sunday Reflection post. Here are some thoughts on the weekend.

--- Gas Buydown was phenomenal (I know, I like that word). Can't wait to be able to do it again. People are amazed at us doing it. We typically have two types of people come out. Those who are totally out to get everything they can from you. One guy brought at least 3 vehicles through. And others who are absolutely grateful and appreciative. It blows me away that someone would come through the line and cop an attitude or be impatient. Some folks were asking when we were doing it again. Thought that was cool. I hope we develop a reputation of regularly doing things for the community.

--- We're currently working on something to give the kids that attend the Cheyenne City Goblin Walk. GASP! Goblin walk? All I can say is, every kid who attends the Goblin Walk needs Jesus and so do their siblings, friends and parents.

--- Back to Gas Buydown. I'll try and get footage on the blog soon. Things are a tad busy with launch week.

--- Launch week. (How's that for a segway) I felt great today about where we were at. Got a few bugs figured out from yesterday. Still a few things we're trying to make smoother, but overall our service, I feel, is great! Love the way it flows and feels. Nothing spectacular about what we do, just like the way it flows.

--- I can't believe we are launching this Sunday. That blows my mind. So many thoughts about that. I was moved to tears Sunday when the Elementers came forward to write down on index cards, names of people they would pray for and do their best to help cross the line of faith. We placed those cards in a wheelchair representing the spiritually paralyzed people in our lives who cannot come to Christ on their own. Like the four men who lowered their friend before Jesus on a mat (Sunday's sermon) to what lengths will we go to get people to Jesus? You SERIOUSLY need to watch how we ended our service. I think it was the most creative sermon illustration/ending I've ever done. We wanted to actually lower someone onto the platform, we settled for what you'll see. Go to www.elementweb.net and click "watch and listen" to find the sermon video.

--- We had 78 in church on Sunday. For not launching yet, I'd say that is pretty good. That is a new high at Element Church. I just called Terri to get the offering total and in typical Jeff fashion totally forgot what the number was. I know it was $1800 something. I think $1813.

--- We are SO excited for launch. We have a couple of cool creative elements for Sunday that will add to the worship experience. We have some family and friends who will be coming in to celebrate with us. Pastor Dan and Liz will be coming from HPCC. A couple other families as well are coming down to support us.

--- Man, I have so much more on my mind and heart right now but I know this has gotten too long. I'll try and blog more about it later this week. If you're an Elementer, I love you guys. If you're a prayerful supporter, THANK YOU! If you're a curious onlooker, stay curious. I don't have any detractors yet, but if you're out there, just stay silent. If you're Bob Stoops, WHAT THE WORLD? GET THEM SOONERS IN GEAR!

Following Christ,

Jeff

No comments: