Friday, November 9, 2007

It's about us WITH Him!

When God calls us to anything, ANYTHING, it's not about us doing things. It's not about the thing to be done. And it's definitely not about Him needing us. Ultimately when God asks us to do something it's about us BEING with Him because He doesn't need us.

When I ask Jonah to help me mow the lawn, it has nothing to do with his lawn mowing ability. He's 6. The lawn looks horrible when he helps to mow it. But why do I ask him? To be with him. When Sabrina paints, why does she allow the kids to help? Because of their superior painting ability? No, to be with them. Why do I take them to the dump with me...get oil changed...to fix things around the house? Because I want to be with them.

God does the same. Yes, He wants things accomplished, and as I said in my previous post He chooses us to do those things, but His ultimate goal is to be with His children. Do we want to be with Him? That is the ultimate goal of working for God. But do we just want to "accomplish" things? Anyway. I love the fact that God wants to be with us, and I hope that my main goal is to be with Him.

To close, here is a quote from Oswald Chambers: "A man with the vision of God is not devoted to a cause or to any particular issue; he is devoted to God himself."

2 comments:

PastorMax said...

Great post today, perfect as I prepare for the day.

As for your last post, I really wish I could be there this weekend for the BIG announcement. Exciting things happening in Cheyenne, Praise God!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jeff! I needed to hear that!