Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Night Rumination (11-04-07)

Another great weekend at Element Church. I'm so excited about what is going at Element and what is coming ahead.

It's been a VERY long day. Adam and I are in Billings tonight, heading to Great Falls, MT tomorrow morning to attend the Evangelical Church's Western Conference annual meetings. The Western Conference is the one that Element Church is in and they gave is $50,000 to start Element. That's right. 50 followed by 3 zeros. This will be Adam's first time to denominational meetings so we'll see if he can make it through a full session. We'll both be blogging through the week from the conference. We'll be back in Cheyenne on Thursday to put the finishing touches on this coming Sunday.

--- I'm tired!

--- 201 in church today. That's actually a net gain since last week wad had 206 and 17 of them were out of town family of mine. We did have a few out of town guests today too, but not 17 of them.

--- Not sure what the final offering #'s are but Terri informed me over the phone that it is around $2200. It was good to see 2 weeks in a at the $2000 mark. I love seeing God's people give and as people get more committed I believe we'll see more people give. I cannot wait to teach on giving. Lots of pastors avoid it but it is a concept that will bless us in return if we really get it and do it.

--- I love seeing the theater full of people worshiping God and being connected with Life. We are moving quickly toward a major decision we'll have to make in the meeting space of Element Church. We literally cannot grow any more with how we are currently doing things. That means we have to make some changes. More on that coming soon.

---We are wrapping up our "IT" series this week and am already excited about the message. Since we are gone most of this week we worked to get 2 weeks of work done last week. We will have some things to tie up on Thursday and Friday (typically our day off) but most of it is done.

--- Today I talked on our core value of significance. We all long to be worth something. I get worked about stuff like this. I truly believe that God has designed each of us for God sized purposes, and somewhere along the line we settle for mediocrity and apathetic living. We are not made just to survive but to thrive. We're made to advance, to grow, to pursue, to dream, to have ambitions and I believe our churches are too. I got a little worked up today. Like I said, I get worked up about this.

--- The devil wants us to stay apathetic and remain the same, why? We are no bother to him. He doesn't have to work when we don't work, don't fight, don't defend. (today's three points) When we realize our unique value in Christ, we are able to live out a risk taking faith making a difference in our world. (part of Element core value)

--- I'm tired!

--- Grant is AWESOME! We are tweaking his role and limiting him (bad words, RELEASING HIM) to some specific things that he REALLY excels in. He is growing so much as a leader, it's really cool to see. He is truly being a "pastor" and he still works wicked crazy hours for Frito Lay. Grant is one of the most teachable men I know. He's been my right hand man since before Element days. Can't imagine ministry without him.

--- Adam. All I can say is someone from our team asked me the other day "How did we get him?" God. That's how. Having a worship leader you trust, nothing like it.

--- Curtis and Heather are rockin' the house as youth leaders. Had 10 at sr. high/college group last night. They are a godsend.

--- Katrina just had their first child. Ethan. He's a cutie. She is expanding e:kidz and stepping up more and more each week. Can't wait to see where she takes e:kidz over the next several months. Keenan has been running sound for us and doing an awesome job. Those two have put in countless hours of work for us. They too are growing, and blossoming into their ministry.

--- I'm blessed! Can't imagine doing anything but this. I know I say that a lot but I mean it. I really do.

--- Elementers, I love you guys. PEACE

Following Christ,

Jeff

No comments: